quarta-feira, 8 de junho de 2011

My eduaction experience


From EduAction 2010
I was part of this great Project last year, in Sorocaba. I had many expectations but I didn’t really know how awesome it would be. I worked with two more trainees; Fiorella Arias Quito from Peru and Hugo Cuervo from Colombia.
We got really connected to them, at first they were looking at us like wow … they are really from other countries (because most of them had never met someone from outside their country),so they were very curious about many things, such as our language, traditions, music, food, etc. We made global villages where each of us (trainees) showed our students our flags, dances, music and even some food (guacamole, patacones,etc). The Guacamole ( which I made) caused such a cultural shock to them because in Brazil people eats avocado with sugar (which was shocking to me too because I never thought it would be eaten with sugar), so the fact of eating it with salt, coriander and onion was totally different to them, but they liked it, some of them liked that much that ate a lot and even asked me the recipe =).
I knew I was being part of EduAction to teach about global issues and stuff, but I think I was the one who went there to learn, because all of them taught me a lot of things.
To be honest I was looking forward to an MT but now after all the experience I could say EduAction Project in Brazil was the best thing that could´ve happened to me, I´m still in touch with some students ,i´d say with my friends , because if brazil got something its warm and great people who is always willing to offer you their friendship, and make you feel at home.
So now like it would be said in Portuguese: fiquei com muitas saudades do Brasil e na verdade espero voltar algum día.
Trust me if you got the chance to choose between some DT or MT go for an DT and if it is the Eduaction Project don’t you even think twice , there is nothing to think about , that experience and what you learn is priceless .
Definitely i´d do it again.

Sincerely, Talia Guzman (Mexico)

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário